Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dream

I was in New York filming a sitcom. It was a few years in the future and Chris, Dan, Lane, and Ryan had come down to visit at Dan's probing. I wasn't dating Chris anymore, instead I was dating my male co-star (who I never actually saw in the dream). So we were filming in a little room on a roof of a sky scraper that was 50+ stories tall. I wasn't in this scene so I sat out in the little waiting room that was set up like the basement tv area before the little arm chair died. Chris sat down in the arm chair so I wouldn't have to awkwardly sit next to him on a couch. It was fine at first until Dan decided he wanted a pretzel and Lane and Ryan followed him outside. I got up to change the channel and when I went to sit back down Chris grabbed me and sat me on his lap. We said nothing, just watched tv. When Dan, Ryan, and Lane came back they all looked at us in awkward silence. Dan decided to break the awkwardness and yelled "Look what I can do!"

He walked over to the very edge of the roof of the building and started to lean over the side. He leaned further and further over using his arm strength to keep gravity from pulling him head over heals. We all laughed and he got down. Then he said "You know what! That would make a sweet picture for my website!" Someone take a picture.

So Dan started to get back into position. I knelt down to dig my camera out of my bag and while I was wrestling with the tangled strap I heard Ryan yell "OH NO!" I looked up and Dan was gone!

We all ran and peered over the side. There Dan was laying on the ground below us in a pool of blood. Parked next to him was Lane's truck with the bed full of hay. At the moment my mom appeared. "What are you looking at?" She asked. "Dan fell over the side!" One of the boys' yelled. My mom ran frantically over and leaned over the side to see but in her rush she leaned too far and she too fell. However she landed in the hay of Lane's truck and was able to get up a moment later.

We all rushed down stairs and found out that Dan was still breathing. The boys piled into Lane's truck to take care of Dan and I took my mom back to my hotel room. In my hotel room my mom would not listen to me that she should at least get checked out at a hospital and just kept demanding that I serve her something called "Pepsi 18".

I took out my cell phone and called Chris. Apparently the boys weren't taking Dan to the hospital at all but were heading back to the basement. However, they had gotten stuck in traffic and were only 20 seconds away from my hotel room. They made the decision to spend the night there.

We all sat around and watched tv. Dan was bleeding, acting very strange and most of his bones appeared to be broken, but no one thought the hospital was a good idea. When it got to be late enough to sleep Chris stood up and said he was going to hop a train and head home. He made a whole bunch of excuses why he shouldn't spend the night. "His vava had made him dinner", "Natty wanted to play Street Fighter" ect. ect. I convinced him that the train back was 3 hours and expensive. So he finally agreed to stay as long as he could sleep in a different room from me...

The dream fast forwarded to several months later. Chris and I were walking through North Station in Boston holding hands. I was about to catch a train back to New York for the tv show. I was still dating that guy, but it was clear that Chris and I were having an affair. I turned to him and said "I have a boyfriend. Am I bad person?" He said "No. You only would be if you were doing this to me. But since you are doing it with me, it's okay."

3 comments:

lane_is_lame said...

My truck makes a lot of guest appearances in your dreams. What the fucks with that?

Laurenornerual said...

I have no idea.

CP said...

"I have a boyfriend. Am I bad person?" He said "No. You only would be if you were doing this to me. But since you are doing it with me, it's okay." -- This logic made me laugh