I don't feel well at all, but I don't feel like a normal sick. I don't know what it is. I bet I'm dying. This is how it has progressed.
1. I've been EXTREMELY tired. Sleeping 12+ hours a day. It's been about two weeks now and at first I said it was stress, then I was recovering from Chicago. Now I don't know what. And when I say tired I mean TIRED. I can't read from my text books for more than 20 minutes without nodding off. I fight to stay awake in class, I come home between classes, pass out and miss the next ones completely accidentally. Even now, it's nine p.m. and I am struggling to stay awake.
2. I've been getting intense little headaches constantly. All of a sudden out of no where I get hit with these intense pains several times a day that last for hours. This two has been going on for about two weeks. Again, I thought it was due to my McGill money stress but now that that has been considerable reduced I don't know what to blame.
3. I keep getting light headed. If I sit and then stand up I am light headed to the point that my vision tunnels out for a few seconds.
4. I don't want to eat anything that isn't salty. Which usually means my body needs something specific that I am depriving it of, in this case sodium. Still weird.
5. So Saturday night I went to a party and the whole night (six hours) I only had two drinks, both of which I held on to and sipped reluctantly for three hours. My mind wanted to drink but my body just didn't at all. It was weird. Alcohol seemed the most unappealing thing in the world and it tasted like death. Let me try to paint for you how extreme this is....I am known for making drinks too strong. I tend to measure "by eye" poorly and make mixed drinks with two or three times the alcohol you're supposed to put in. I only found out that I was over doing it recently when at my Margarita party a bunch of my friends found the drinks I mixed unbearably strong. The thing is I'm used to it. I can normally do a shot of vodka and not even cringe. I'm not trying to brag or anything...I'm just saying that it completely doesn't faze me to prove how weird the next part is. Saturday night I made a drink that consisted of a shot of vodka, a shot of blue caracao, cranberry juice, and sugar water. It was aweful! I had to keep pouring more and more cranberry juice into and adding lemon juice to try to make it drinkable. It tasted stronger than a strait shot of vodka even though it was heavily diluted. The tiniest weeniest taste of it made me cringe and made my stomach lurch. The weird part is when I asked friends to taste it (the same friends who couldn't handle my usual too much alcohol drinks), they all just shrugged and said it tasted a little too sweet if anything, as if I had added too many non-alcoholic elements. Which I find fucked up. This is not the first time I noticed this. Last Tuesday while watching t.v. I tried to make myself a drink at home but the smell of it made me sick and I ended it up dumping it out without taking a single sip.
6. As of yesterday everything tastes weird. Arizona Fruit Punch tastes unbearably sweet. I normally like it but now it tastes like putrid sugar syrup. The Market Basket Apple Juice I always drink is out of control sour. I feel like I'm sucking on a lemon wedge rather than eating apple juice. Right now I am drinking Vitamin Water Orange-Orange and it too tastes so terribly acidic and sour. It hurts my tongue and makes my mouth pucker.
So apparently there is something very very wrong with my brain because after typing this up this things all pretty much relate to my brain, fatigue, light headedness, brutal constant headaches, alcohol aversion, taste fuck-ups. My brain is broken! :-(
Follow us on Twitter!
-
Hello English undergrads! DESA now has a Twitter account and we want you to
follow us! Here we'll post event updates, information, and quips. Join in
on th...
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment