Sunday, September 28, 2008

This Afternoon...

I have a terrible headache and I'm not sure why...probably from sleeping until 2 p.m. I am also SERIOUSLY craving junk food. I want a hamburger and fries so badly right now. I have really been strongly thinking about making a trip to La Belle Provence or Alto for about an hour now. I don't know why but I really, really just want grease and salt so badly.

The walk home last night sucked. It was 3:30 am and I had to walk home alone down Sherbrooke with my camera and a blender in a large bag. It was Saturday night so I kept passing intermittent gaggles of drunk Toronto girls all wearing the exact same clubbing uniform: a black cotton/spandex blend dress that scoops down loosely in the front and is tied about the middle with an over-sized blinged belt, long fake blonde hair hanging down loose, a mess of gold chains, and black hooker boots. When ever I was away from these groups I was left to walk quickly past all the homeless guys sitting on the doorsteps of store fronts.

The whole time I walked very quickly, with one of my keys held between my thumb and forefinger ready to stab someone in the throat if need be.

I almost got hit by two cars. Once when I was walking by a gas station some guy abruptly cut his wheel towards the station and had to slam on the breaks less than a foot from me. The second time someone took a right on red (illegal in Quebec) and he too had to slam on the breaks less than a foot away from me. I was so pissed off.

Last night I dreamed that the basement went on a rafting trip and I had my camera in my Glassjaw bag with me. Twice I fell of the raft and was drowning. The water was endlessly deep and the weight of my camera was dragging me down down down but I refused to let go of it. I felt myself getting weaker and weaker as my brain screamed for oxygen but all I could think of was salvaging my camera because although now destroyed it was still under warranty as long as I didn't lose it. After I had been rescued and pulled to the raft for the second time I tried to use my water logged camera and realized it still worked it just wouldn't focus on anything because there was water in the lens, so I just sat there and whined about it.

When I woke up I was very sad that I didn't have my camera anymore.

2 comments:

lane_is_lame said...

You need to get all these dreams analyzed. The camera represents something in your life dragging you down! What is it?!

I'm just an amateur dream analyst, though.

Laurenornerual said...

Hahah I'm not sure. All I can deduce from all of these dreams is that although I think I feel relatively fine I'm secretly extremely stressed out about life!